Millbrook Road Oldcastle, County Meath , A82 X953Asking price €430,000
At a glance...
- Spacious accommodation throughout.
- Detached Double Garage & store.
- PVC Double glazed windows.
- South-west facing rear garden.
- Located on 0.7 acre of mature gardens (surrounded on three sides by a stone wall).
- In the town of Oldcastle & close to all local amenities.
- Door frames, doors, skirting and stairs are all made from old pitch pine planks which are very rare and of high quality.
- Plinths, corner stones and chimney on the garage are made from limestone requiring no plaster or paint.
- Reveals on windows are moulded and fitted.
- Original fireplaces intact.
- Amtica floors inlaid with different grains of timber which have retained its appearance and is durable.
REA T & J Gavigan are delighted to present this unique four bedroom property which extends to c. 213.57 sqm and is set on c. 0.7 of an acre close to Oldcastle town centre. Accommodation comprises of Entrance Hall, Living room, Sitting room, Kitchen, Utility room, Guest WC, 4 Bedrooms, Main Bathroom, Shower room and large Hot press. This property also has a walled garden to the rear with detached garage and tarmac driveway with two entrances to the Millbrook Road.
Built in 1913, the property was constructed as a doctors residence by the board of guardians of the workhouse but was initially used a an officers residence by the British army during World War 1 when the workhouse was used as a internment camp, it was subsequently used as a doctors residence and then a home.
There are many stunning features throughout the property such as a balcony off the master bedroom, impressive fireplaces, high ceilings and Amtica floors on the ground level.
Situated right in the heart of the town of Oldcastle, only c. 1 hour from Dublin & c. 2 hour’s drive from Belfast. The heritage town of Oldcastle, famously known for its large music and arts festival Le Chèile and is a picturesque friendly town with multiple amenities and charming restaurants and shops. There is a lot of history to Oldcastle and scenic areas to visit throughout the year such as the nearby Loughcrew Cairns which can be seen from the property. There are local primary and secondary schools nearby, GAA club and a new library also close to this stunning property. Viewing comes highly recommended.
Living Room: 3.5727 x 5.38 M.
Study: 3.560 x 4.593 M.
Kitchen: 6.042 x 6.772M.
Utility: 30.033 x 3.382 M.
Bedroom 1 : 5.414 x 3.551 M.
Bedroom 2 : 3.338 x 4.045 M.
Bedroom 3 : 3.351 x 4.463 M.
Bedroom 4: 3.653 x 3.002 M.
Bathroom: 2.275 x 2.548 M.
Hot Press: 2.322 x 1.565 M.
Shower room: 0.946 x 2.45 M.
Follow eircode A82X953 to Oldcastle town. Turn left onto the Millbrook Road. The property is on the right hand side.
Get in touch
Use the form below to get in touch with REA T&J Gavigan (Kells) or call them on (046) 924 0045